Related Posts with Thumbnails

Diamonds in the Dark

>> Saturday, May 19, 2007

We have a friend that was totally brought into our lives by God Himself. It was one of those sweet "God-breathed" moments that only God can do! Pastor Shane and his darling wife and son have become very precious to us. (Check out his post on the Lion Roars!)

Shane and my hubby have this awesome telephone connection. It's usually weekly, it's usually late evening, and it's usually when Shane is in Walmart! Go figure! I love to over-hear them pressing in to the deeper things of God, or hearing my hubby bursting out in laughter, which thrills my heart to no end. Proverbs 27:17, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." These guys are sharpening each other. Look out kingdom of darkness for the warriors are rising up with sharpened swords! I love it.

So last night, as my hubby and Shane are on the phone, I called it a night and went to bed. Two hours later, my hubby climbs into bed! I woke up and laughed, knowing that he had just gotten off the phone with Shane. So as we were chatting, my hubby is talking about the late night phone calls with Shane. I said, "Well, they dig for diamonds in the dark", which made no sense to my hubby and actually took me by surprise. He was probably thinking that I was dreaming or something. But no, I was wide awake. It was like God put these words in my mouth, which was pretty cool. We laughed because, on the surface, the diamonds or precious things that Shane and my hubby share are in the dark of the late nights.

We were pondering on these words and realized how precious is that phrase. Diamonds are in dark mines in the depths of the earth. They have to be searched out and once found, they are chipped out, dug out or exploded out. I'm not a diamond miner, so I'm sure there is much more to the process. :)

But my point is this...Having a friend that you can be open and honest with - that you can be vulnerable and accountable to - that you sharpen each other with the Word of God - is like digging for diamonds in the innermost parts of our heart, even the dark places. Diamonds are precious and valuable. So is a friend that will sharpen us. Many of us need to get over the pride and choose to walk in humility and allow someone to dig into our heart and even cause an explosion so to speak.

If we don't have a friend that will do that for us, then why not ask God to bring a friend into our lives that will be as iron to sharpen us in the Word and in our walk with Him. We need people to challenge us in the things of God. I don't want to be a mushy
wimpy Christian. I want to be that sharpened warrior that walks in victory and causes the darkness to tremble!

Is the enemy afraid of us because we can do damage in the darkness and set people free because we ourselves walk in freedom and victory in Jesus Name! Wow, I guess that's something to ponder.

Blessings on your weekend.

7 comments:

Denise May 19, 2007 at 5:39 PM  

Diamonds in the dark, that is precious sweety.

Linda May 19, 2007 at 8:20 PM  

I think that is a very good analogy. God has blessed me with a friend like that. She is a treasure.

Serving Him May 19, 2007 at 8:58 PM  

I really enjoyed this post. I have been blessed with this type of friendship, and for that I am grateful. Thank you for sharing this analogy.

Rebecca May 20, 2007 at 9:23 AM  

These kinds of friendships never go away, they are so full of love...and that is what holds them together.....

A Bond Servant May 20, 2007 at 5:40 PM  

I just wonder if he calls eveybody from Wal-mart, is that were he lives, every time we talk he is there. Great blog, I guess you would just have to know them.
Love ya'll
Bondservant4christ

Heather May 21, 2007 at 12:14 PM  

What a blessing this post is to me. I have a wonderful friend who this post describes and I am thankful for the treasure that she is.

I really love your blog!

Kurt and Karen Schrauwen May 24, 2007 at 2:28 AM  

Oh WOW! That is all I can say.! Thank you for sharing it! This is the only post I've read on your blog so far, but I've just made a date with it....

Karen

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP