Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bridal Wreath

>> Friday, May 11, 2007


This is our Bridal Wreath Spirea hedge that is blooming in time for Mother's Day. Our property is lined on 2 sides with gorgeous white. In time for the graduations of our children, this hedge has been in full bloom. It's become part of the family, so to speak.

The hedge was planted by our neighbor from whom we purchased the land to build our house. He planted it over 50 years ago. It has deep roots, and has been faithful to bloom year after year. There are a few spots in the hedge where it is weaker than other areas. But you don't see those spots when it is full bloom.

The hedge has been like a crown of glory on our property. So, taking this into the spiritual aspect.... I want my life to be a crown of glory for the Lord Jesus. I want to be a reflection of His love to those around me. I want my words and my actions to bring honor to Jesus.

In John 17, Jesus prays to the Father for the Body of Christ, that we would be one and perfected in unity.

"The glory which You have given Me I have given to them,
that they may be one, just as We are one;
I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity,
so that the world may know that You sent Me,
and loved them, even as You have loved Me. John 17:22-23

That the world may know.....that the world may know. What are we reflecting to the world?

I was visiting recently with a friend that does nails. There was a woman that came into the shop and was furious that her appointment was being delayed. She ranted and raved and finally left in a huff. The gals in the shop were talking about how this woman "threw a fit". She had set her reputation in that moment. The next day she went back into the shop and wanted my friend to do her nails. My friend shared with me that while she was doing this woman's nails, the woman went on and on about how she knows God. Yet what she reflected the day before to all the gals in the shop, was not honoring to God. Did the gals in the shop know the love of God as a result of this woman's actions?

I believe that in these times, the light is becoming brighter and the darkness is becoming darker. The lines are being drawn. Whom are you going to serve?

God is calling those who choose to follow Him, to walk closer with Him. This is not a life where we only go to church on Sunday and have the strength to serve Him through the rest of the week. We need the encouragement of the Body of Christ in our fellowship gatherings. We also need a daily feeding of His Word and His presence in our lives. His Word is life to us. His Word is wisdom to us. His Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. We cannot follow Him and walk in victory in our lives and make a difference in the darkness, unless we stay close to Him. His Word will change us from glory to glory.

We cannot afford to live for ourselves any longer at the expense of losing souls into the chains of hell. Romans 6:11 ~ I consider myself dead to sin and alive unto God is Christ Jesus.

Am I dead to my own self? I choose to surrender my whole heart, everything that is in me. I want to be a holy reflection of His love to the world that He would use me to make a difference and bring freedom to those in who are trapped in chains.

What about you? Are you ready to die to your own self? Completely? The smell of death to self is a fragrant aroma to our Father God. He takes great pleasure when we say no to our self and yes to Him. Are you ready to lay down your own thoughts and desires to be a holy reflection of Jesus to the world around you?

Do you know that the world is dying for someone to lead them to a new life of freedom? You can be the one to show them the way to life in Jesus.

Time is too short. Hell is too hot. Eternity is too long. We have work to do. Let's get going!

Blessings on your weekend. And Happy Mother's Day!!


7 comments:

Lyd May 11, 2007 at 11:18 AM  

I always loved those bushes! And I love you! you are so inspiring

Lyd May 11, 2007 at 11:23 AM  

Happy Mother's Day mom. I'm sorry I will not be able to be there. I know, I am just as bummed. Thank you for who you are. I love who you are. The more I grow up, the more I realize all these little things in me that are so you! I appreciate your help in planning my wedding. I couldn't and wouldn't want to do this without you. I love you so much.

Linda May 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM  

That is a beautiful analogy. You put it so well. Whether we realize it or not people are watching and our lives may be the only Bible they ever read. The dying to self part is the hard one. I know I fight selfishness all the time. Yet when I do manage to win that battle the blessings are so worth it.
Have a blessed Mothers' Day!

Denise May 11, 2007 at 8:17 PM  

Amen my friend, lets get going.

Moggy May 12, 2007 at 11:32 AM  

Beautiful, I love those hedges too.

Krista May 12, 2007 at 8:52 PM  

Our Church sign this week says "If you sin enough, you will become dead to it"! Maybe she doesnt even realize that being impatient is not showing God's love. the sad part is she may be impatient with God! I feel that way sometimes and I end up Praying my way to Peace! Have a wonderful Day tomorrow!

Kim May 14, 2007 at 9:27 PM  

What a great post! And a beautiful picture!

Kim

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP