Related Posts with Thumbnails

8 Things About Me

>> Friday, May 18, 2007


Pull up a chair and a cup of your favorite coffee....and enjoy the day!

Rachelle at Three Knights and a Princess has tagged me with a meme.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

**********
1. I'm extravagant and passionate when it comes to my relationship with Jesus. I worship Him wildly (...well, in my own home....by myself) because He is worthy to be worshipped with total abandon of my own self.

2. I'm a bawl-baby in the Kingdom of God. Is that a spiritual gift?? I cry as I worship Him because I'm so overwhelmed by His amazing love for me. I cry because I love Him so much. I cry when I see (or hear about) God touching someone's heart. I cry at the beauty of a sunset that God has painted just for me, etc., etc. I asked Him a few months ago about all the waterworks that pour from my eyes. He whispered to my heart, "Those are tears from heaven". I'm not embarrassed by my tears anymore. They are a huge blessing to me. And I've learned to wear waterproof mascara!

3. I have 4 gorgeous kids that are now young adults. Girl, Boy, Girl, Boy. They all are following hard after God. The 2 oldest are married to on-fire-for-God spouses. My oldest daughter is expecting her 2nd child in June and she has an amazing daughter, which of course is my granddaughter, that is 3 and looks just like her mommy when she was little. My kids are blond and Swedish. Their spouses are dark and tan. We've made that a "requirement" (ha) for the 2 others when they get married. Sure enough, our 2nd daughter is getting married next spring to a very tall, very dark, very handsome, young man! Seems to be a pattern. :)

4. My hubby and I will celebrate 30 years of wedded bliss this November. He is my one true love that makes my heart throb when I'm near him. We call it an "ooey-gooey" anointing! He is whisking me away to Australia this summer. Woowhoo!! I'm amazed at what God has done in our lives, how He has molded and shaped us into vessels that He can use, how He has cut away and polished us as diamonds that will bring a brilliant light of Jesus to those around us and how He has led us on this journey through this very temporary thing that we call life. God has carried us on wings as of eagles. It's all by His amazing grace! He has been so incredibly faithful to us. For that we give Him all the glory and honor and praise.

5. My hubby gets up early every morning and brings me a 1/2 cup of coffee in bed. And ya know that coffee is the best cup of the day! :) We have an awesome prayer time for our family and the day before we climb out of bed. We have learned so much about praying the Word of God over our life.

6. I've been to Hong Kong 3 times. Over the Christmas holiday no less! We have shared the Gospel there which has increased the Kingdom of God and impacted my own life tremendously. I have left huge pieces of my heart there!

7. Each one of our kids has been on foreign soil to share the Gospel. That's an answer to our prayers as they grew up. My hubby even made his first trip to India last year and wants to go again.

8. I love flowers. Okay, I'm addicted to flowers! I have a huge flower garden that is always under construction. I hope one day that it will be just the way I want it. I talk to my plants in the garden. I tell them "If you don't perform well, you're outta here!" I don't have time to baby plants. I used to waste time nursing plants back to health and now I am wiser. I'm sure glad that God has more grace and mercy for me than I do with my plants!

So these are people that I am tagging:
Denise
Dana
Nise'
Serving Him
Lauren
Sharon
Bonnie
Patty
Have an awesome joy-filled weekend!


12 comments:

Robin May 18, 2007 at 11:28 AM  

What an awesome list! We have lots of things in common - our love of God, family, married 30 years, 2 married children. . .
That's so cool!
You are so blessed to be going to Australia - I hope you have a wonderful time exploring God's creation down under!
Thank you so much for tagging me! It's so fun to have all you internet friends! I was tagged last week for this and you can find my blog here: http://robin-robinznest.blogspot.com/2007/05/random-things-i-have-been-tagged-by-mom.html

Rachelle May 18, 2007 at 12:32 PM  

Wow, you are truly blessed! Thanks for playing. :-)

Serving Him May 18, 2007 at 1:10 PM  

Thanks for tagging me...this is my first meme. I enjoyed reading your list and hope that once my daughter gets a little older that my hubby and I can go on many short term Mission trips...that is something we hope to do in the future.

Lauren S. May 18, 2007 at 1:13 PM  

What a great list. How wonderful that you have been married for so long. I am sure your children have been blessed by your wonderful example. Thanks for the tag. It may take a few days, but I will get my post up soon.

Dana May 18, 2007 at 1:34 PM  

Wow, what a great list. How awesome that you (and your kids) have had an opportunity to go on missions work in other countries. I hope to be able to do that one day and let the kids be a part of it!! Thanks for the tag, I'm working on my post now!

Denise May 18, 2007 at 6:43 PM  

Sweet one, I was tagged already, I do not know eight more things, lol thanks for tagging me anyway, love you.

Linda May 18, 2007 at 7:55 PM  

What wonderful blessings. God has truly blessed your family. I think it's so exciting that all of you have traveled to such far away places for the Lord.
Have a blessed weekend.

Nise' May 18, 2007 at 8:20 PM  

Thanks for tagging me! I have done this on my other "just for fun blog" here and here, but would be happy to play along again!

I can relate to #2 big time!

Ruth May 19, 2007 at 12:29 AM  

enjoyed your blog.
and your list! shalom!

Nise' May 20, 2007 at 10:16 PM  

I finally got my Random Things posted! Check it out here

Sharon May 21, 2007 at 6:17 PM  

I have just gotten back on line after 4 days off line. Give me a little while to catch up and I'll work on the MEME post.
Hope you are having a great week.

ConservaChick May 26, 2007 at 10:22 AM  

So, what's the secret... 4 grown kids following the Lord? AWESOME! I have 4 children myself (5,7,9,11) and want nothing more than for them to carry their faith into adulthood. I've seen so many parents that are loosing their kids as they go off to college, etc, that it would be nice for a change to hear how kids thrive in their Christian walk at this stage of their lives. SO please share, how'd you do it? Blessings ~Karlie

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP