Related Posts with Thumbnails

But God....

>> Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Today's Kisses From Heaven - it's raining and watering the earth. What a huge blessing. Besides, I really really didn't want to be pulling weeds in the garden today. So, guess I'll have to wait one more day.

I love hearing the rain tapping on the windows and the gentle thunder in the heavens. It brings back little girl memories of finding that place of safety with my mom and dad.

I never had to be afraid of the rain. Even if it brought hail or tornadoes, which it did many times, I knew if I was with my mom and dad, everything was going to be okay. My parents have always had a faith connection with Father God. I knew for sure that God heard their prayers. And I saw with my eyes how God answered their prayers. Growing up in this type of atmosphere, nurtured my own heart to receive the everlasting love of the God who created the universe. Yes, of course, there were times of walking in the wrong direction. Yes of course there were times that I made wrong decisions, in fact, stupid decisions.....

But God....I love those words.

But God, who is rich in mercy,
because of His great love with which He loved us,
even when we were dead in trespasses,
made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
and raised us up together,
and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
that in the ages to come He might show
the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in
Christ Jesus.

For by grace you have been saved through faith,
and that not of yourselves;
it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:4-10

I'm so thankful that God had His hand on me, even before I knew Him. I'm so thankful that He didn't give up on me. I'm so thankful for my mom and dad and everything they taught me about the love of God and His love for me. I love the legacy of faith that has been passed down to me.

And now, I'm so very thankful for God's mercy and grace that is available to me every moment on this faith journey, this daily walk being hand in hand with Him, growing in His grace and wisdom, and being washed in His blood and filled with His love every day. What an incredible kiss from heaven!

If you have not experienced this relationship with a heavenly Father that loves you and has plans for good for you, no matter what is in your past He wants to fill your life with Hope, then click on the "Ready" button on the sidebar on the right to learn more.

Blessings.





6 comments:

Biby Cletus April 24, 2007 at 10:35 AM  

Nice post, its a really cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

Warm Regards

Biby Cletus - Blog

kissesfromheaven April 24, 2007 at 11:08 AM  

Thanks for stopping and for the encouragement.
Blessings.

javamamma April 24, 2007 at 1:16 PM  

Well, the rain's more like pounding on our windows and the thunder's shuttering the house. But it is nice.

What a good example of 'honoring your parents' this post is. I'm sure they are experiencing the reward of watching their children serve the Lord!

eph2810 April 24, 2007 at 2:24 PM  

What a beautiful post. Yes, kissed from our Heavenly Father are the most beautiful thing on earth. I too am glad that He didn't give up on me. I am glad that He called me back to be part of His flock.

Thank you for sharing your heart today.
Blessings to you and yours.

Kim April 24, 2007 at 7:19 PM  

I love that phrase *but God*! I used in a recent post,too! I love the verses you mentioned!!

It sounds like you have a rich heritage...not in earthly riches, but spiritual riches taught from your parents!

Kim

kissesfromheaven April 24, 2007 at 8:02 PM  

Very rich heritage. God's grace abounds. I don't take for granted the heritage that God gave me. I am very grateful.
Blessings to you.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP