Related Posts with Thumbnails

Press on....

>> Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Paul says in Philippians 3:14 -
" I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

That's what I'm doing today....I'm going to the city to press on to the upward call of God with my friend, my mentor. We will climb together, pursue, chase after and reach higher for the things of God. She will challenge me in the Word and encourage me in grace. And I will walk away after our sweet time together, knowing God has touched my heart and that I have changed. I love spending time with her because "where 2 or 3 are gathered in My Name, there I am in the midst of them"(Matt.18:20). We cannot be in the presence of the Almighty God without being changed from the inside out. And of course there's coffee involved...that's like the icing on the cake. Did you know that God shows up even when I'm drinking coffee? So can't we surmise that drinking coffee is a "God-thing"??

It's still raining. Rain is a sign of the presence of the Lord (Psalm 66:8). I know it's going to be a good day in His presence! I love the drive to the city, cause it's me and Jesus all the way! Lots of worship and prayer and laughter and tears. By the time I get there, I'm so washed in His love. Maybe that's why the time with my mentor is so incredibly sweet...cause my heart has been tilled up by the Spirit of the Living God.

So my cry today is this...till my heart, Lord. Dig up the soil, break off the crusty layers and make it soft and pliable to receive from You and be changed. I want to be changed. I want more of Him and less of me. More of Him and less of me, that I would be a vessel that is prepared for Him to use me. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they SHALL be satisfied. (Matthew 5:6) I'm hungry for more....how about you?

Blessings.

5 comments:

Rachelle April 25, 2007 at 11:47 AM  

Have a wonderful time with your friend. Your heart and hunger for God is beautiful.

javamamma April 25, 2007 at 2:11 PM  

You post such fabulous pictures on your posts. I love this one.

I'm definitely hungry for Jesus to be in me. And feeling like I come up so terribly short when the opportunities arise to let His light shine. Sigh. I need You more.

kissesfromheaven April 25, 2007 at 6:59 PM  

I'd love those steps at my house! :)

Amen on needing more. My heart aches for more. But that's a good thing.

Blessings.

eph2810 April 29, 2007 at 7:02 PM  

This post made me tear up...I love the last part especially: "So my cry today is this...till my heart, Lord. Dig up the soil, break off the crusty layers and make it soft and pliable to receive from You and be changed."

Thank you so much for sharing this. I just went through your week of posts and stop to read this one. I think He wanted me to read this...May I quote this sometime...Just let me know.

Blessings to you and yours this Sunday evening.

kissesfromheaven April 29, 2007 at 7:55 PM  

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE it when people share a tear. I always say the tears are good. They are kisses from heaven...as if God reached down and touched our heart.

Of course you may quote me dear.
Blessings.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP