Related Posts with Thumbnails

Heart Clutter

>> Friday, April 27, 2007

This morning, my heart was churning. (The giraffe gave me a much needed smile!) Sometimes when we have so much going on around us and issues that we need to deal with, our hearts and minds get cluttered with "STUFF". Well, mine does anyway. Kind of like that monster closet in the basement that gets filled up with STUFF! You know what I mean...the place that you put the stuff til you find a place for it later. Or it's one of those "o heck" closets that you open the door, throw the stuff inside and say "o heck" and shut the door quickly before everything falls out. As an organizer of sorts....in some areas anyway....I like things dealt with and brought to completion. That's my heart desire, not necessarily what gets done. :)

I sat down for my quiet time with Jesus. I can honestly say I am always open and honest with Him cause He knows my heart anyway, so why try to hide anything from Him. I told Him that I just don't have peace. My heart was aching. And I cry out...Jesus, all I need is you.

I opened my Bible to Psalm 29....

"Ascribe to the Lord, O sons of the mighty,
Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due to His name;
Worship the Lord in holy array."

Yeah, then it goes on to talk about the voice of the Lord that is upon the waters. The God of glory thunders....and more about His voice that is powerful, majestic, how His voice hews out flames of fire and shakes the wilderness.

And in His temple everything says, "Glory!".

I was pondering on the voice of the Lord that is in my life. He is all powerful, He is all wisdom, He is all in all, He is MY all in all. But I got my eyes off of Him. I allowed my thoughts to turn inward. And that's when the stuff started cluttering my thoughts and affecting my heart. I confessed it as sin, cause I wasn't trusting Him to take care of some things for me. Sometimes, I think I can do a better job! Isn't that ludicrous! So I took all this clutter and laid it at His feet and asked Him to take it...take it all, I give it to You.

I loved on Jesus and He loved on me. It was a very sweet time. Then I opened my eyes and looked at the rest of Psalm 29. Verse 11..."The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace." As the tears rolled down my cheeks and hit the pages of my Bible, I was thankful....Thankful for God's tenderness toward me, for His lovingkindness that He pours out on me and ministers peace to my heart.

Because He's God.
Because He loves me.
Because He is my everything...my all in all.

Keep your eyes on Him and let Him fill your heart with His peace.

Blessings.

9 comments:

javamamma April 27, 2007 at 9:13 PM  

I love the title of your post. Right now I'm roaring about the house clutter but I wonder if it's an outward sign of the inward reality. Oh Jesus.

Liza's Eyeview April 28, 2007 at 1:16 PM  

Here's another giraffe to brighten your day :)

http://lizas-eyeview.blogspot.com/2007/04/blog-post_24.html

Kiwigirl April 29, 2007 at 12:18 AM  

And here's yet another giraffe... or three!

www.kiwiforjesus.blogspot.com

God bless

eph2810 April 29, 2007 at 7:05 PM  

You write such beautiful posts. I think the Lord really wanted me to hang out on your blog this late Sunday afternoon :)....Thank you for making my heart smile.

Blessings to your Monday and always.

kissesfromheaven April 29, 2007 at 7:53 PM  

It's always a huge blessing to be able to cause someone to smile. Thanks for telling me. :)
Blessings.

Denise May 1, 2007 at 1:38 PM  

Congrats on being blog of the month, well deserved.

Krista May 1, 2007 at 3:48 PM  

I just found your site from the Christian Online Magazine and let me say this post touched me today! Thank you for sharing that--I need that time and to keep that in mind.

kissesfromheaven May 1, 2007 at 4:07 PM  

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you were encouraged.
Blessings.

Grandparents Corner May 2, 2007 at 12:54 AM  

This post touched my heart. I've felt that clutter in my heart before. Bless you for sharing this. Hugs, Bonnie

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP