Related Posts with Thumbnails

>> Wednesday, April 11, 2007


Good Morning,
I'm heading to the city to have coffee with a friend. And maybe a scone too.

God gave me this Titus 2 woman to be my mentor. She's become a very precious friend and is a great encouragement to me. She is a great leader in the Kingdom of God. When I grow up, I want to be like her.

She's been around the mountain and back with Jesus. Her life oozes with the power of God and I just like rubbing up against her - hoping her life and her passion for the things of God and His Word will somehow infiltrate and weave into my very being.

This mighty woman of God has great discipline in her life. She's up at 4:30 a.m. storming the gates of heaven on behalf of her family and friends, her church, her nation, etc. She knows who she is in Christ and doesn't allow the enemy to push her around.

She exercises for over an hour and she mentors others throughout the day. I know that she prays for me and for my family as well. We laugh alot and we cry - well, mostly I cry. The box of tissues is on the nearby table.

She is one of my heroes in the faith. I have learned well from her. And I have found more discipline in my life because of our time together. Just as a side note, this precious lady is 90 years old. And I love her to pieces. I am so very thankful that God knew what He was doing when He caused our paths to cross. She is a kiss from heaven to me. Thank you Jesus.

Blessings.

3 comments:

Rachelle April 12, 2007 at 5:55 PM  

I hope you had fun with your friend! I've just recently started to understand the incredible value in mentorship.:-)

I also wanted to let you know that I've tagged you with a "Thinking Blogger" award. Stop by to see what it's all about.

Rachelle April 12, 2007 at 9:00 PM  

I posted this on my blog, but I thought I'd put it here too, in case you don't see it.

You're very welcome. I meant what I said.

To get the little award thingy on the side bar: First go to the original post and save the shortcut to your computer. Then go to your dashboard, click on template and then "add page element". From there you'll click on "picture" , then click on "browse" and add the file where the award is in your puter.

I hope that makes sense. It sounds more complicated than it is. :-)

Sandy April 13, 2007 at 12:15 PM  

Just found your site.
I visit Rachelle's frequently.
I have several mentor's in my life, and I in turn mentor a college student and 8 4th grade girls every other week.
Mentorship is HUGE in my book :) You can check out some of my posts on Faithgirlz.
Happy weekend!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP