Related Posts with Thumbnails

One Thing Only

>> Saturday, March 10, 2007

I had a couple "lemon" days this week (shopping malls have "lemon days" sales....where they get rid of those things that never sold, that were rejected, damaged, not wanted....get the picture?) and it seemed that things spiraled downward moment by moment. So at the end of the week, I assessed the situation.....I was caught up in a whirlwind of busyness.... but seeing no fruit to the work that was done. That sure brings an empty feeling when your heart's desire is to strive for things that count for eternity.

At the beginning of one of those "lemon" days, I was driving on the highway in thick fog. God was whispering to my heart that sometimes we can't see clearly what's ahead, but He can. He is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. That didn't seem like a new revelation of wisdom. But evidently God wanted to show me something in my own heart that He wanted to change. As the day went on, I failed the test of just allowing Him to take me one step at a time, trusting Him to unfold fruit in my day and keeping my eyes on Him. I'm sure I'll get another opportunity to take the test. But in the meantime, my heart cries out for only one thing....

One thing I have asked from the Lord that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. Ps.27:4.

So I press on to know Him more and to trust Him to take me one step at a time. For that's where I find my peace - in His sweet presence. Blessings on your day.

1 comments:

javamamma March 12, 2007 at 10:05 AM  

It's a new week, sister! Enjoy it and enjoy Him!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP