Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kisses or Daggers...

>> Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My hubby and I have a friend that was brought to us completely by God. Pastor Shane has been a great encouragement to us and our love for him and his darling family continues to grow deep in our hearts. He is a deep thinker. And sometimes, well, most of the time, I have to take the time to dig and chew on his thoughts. Anyway, Pastor Shane made a comment about the title of this little blog. He didn't think it'd be appropriate to have Kisses From Heaven linked on his blog. He thought it might raise questions. So I was thinking this morning about possibly changing the title to "Daggers in the Night"....(a little less "girly"!) totally referring to my heart for intercession and taking the Word of God as a dagger in the nightwatch of prayer, and slaying the wicked forces that get in the way of the plans and purposes of God! There ya go! What think ye? Maybe I'll rethink that idea.....

Some of the gals from our church went to a women's conference this past weekend. It was a full weekend. Sometimes it takes me a few days to process everything that was shared and everything that happened and everything that God spoke to my heart. The main speaker made a comment that she was ministering in another part of the world and she was laying on her bed in the hotel. It was very, very hot and she was sweaty, smelly and dirty, etc. She said that she was laying there quietly, not saying a word. All of a sudden, she heard God speak to her heart. He said that He heard her grumblings. She argued with Him saying that she didn't say anything. But the Lord whispered back to her, "I heard your heart." Okay, since the Lord has brought that to my mind, I suppose I need to do a heart check on myself. Many times we can hold our mouth shut, bite our tongue, etc. But what is being said in our heart?

" The good man out of the good treasure of his heart
brings forth what is good;

and the evil man out of the evil treasure
brings forth what is evil;

for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart. Luke 6:45
~
"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said,
'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" John 7:38

My challenge to myself is to check my heart. Do I allow grumblings, comparisons, tearing others down, criticism or judging to go on quietly in my heart? Even though I don't speak the words? And I pat myself on the back because I didn't speak the words out loud. Yet, I am fooling myself to think that God doesn't hear the grumblings of my heart.
Here's another verse that's dear to me....


Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?
And who may stand in His holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood
And has not sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive a blessing from the LORD
And righteousness from the God of his salvation. Psalm 24:3-5

Father God, rend my heart, tear it open before You, that those things that are not pure,those things that do not reflect Your character, those things that I try to hide from You, would be exposed and washed away by Your precious blood. May there be rivers of life-giving water flowing from me to those around me. I want to be a LIFE SOURCE for You, Father, in Jesus Name.

I want clean hands and a pure heart. How about you? Blessings.





6 comments:

OPM March 21, 2007 at 8:43 PM  

Wow!!! Stench, sweat, and dirt! Now that's a good masculine-type blog. (And daggers to boot!)

kissesfromheaven March 21, 2007 at 8:55 PM  

Yeah well, sometimes we just have to put away the flowers and sweetness in honor of the masculine-type!

reneegrace March 22, 2007 at 12:08 AM  

Daggers... yeah... I like that! especially the connotation of prayer warrior...

But I like Kisses from heaven too. Two completely different pictures to be sure!! :)

javamamma March 22, 2007 at 11:48 AM  

Youch! Today is definitely daggers. I'm daily being reminded and challenged of my offensive heart. Jesus, help me be more like you.

Rachelle March 22, 2007 at 1:48 PM  

I've always liked the name of your blog, but I can certainly understand how it's not very masculine. LOL Daggers would be interesting... :-)

Christy March 23, 2007 at 10:54 PM  

What a great reminder that really spoke to me today! With all the busyness in my life right now, I know that I have been grumbling in my heart. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP