Related Posts with Thumbnails

His kisses for me

>> Saturday, March 3, 2007

What a great day! It's my birthday today. That's not what makes it a great day...but rather, it's the knowing of how much God loves me. And knowing how precious I am to Him.

My hubby is my bestest friend. He is my "kiss from heaven". I am so blessed that God brought us together many years ago. Last night he brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to honor my birthday.

And then I got another bouquet from a friend whose birthday is one month from mine. We've been sharing cards and flowers for years for our birthdays and always wanting to have coffee together, but just haven't taken the time. Guess I should put out a challenge to myself to have coffee with her before her birthday. It's part of the "life is all about relationships" thing. :)

This morning, I drove a few miles to get my nails done from a gal that has become a dear friend. On the way, a song called, The More I Seek You, welled up in my heart. And the words played over and over....

I wanna sit at Your feet
Drink from the cup in Your hand
Lay back against You and breathe
Feel Your heart beat
This love is so deep,
It's more than I can stand
I melt in Your peace
It's overwhelming

The more I seek You
The more I find You
The more I find You
The more I love You

I am overwhelmed with the love of God that is flowing like warm honey over my day. Talk about His kisses of love for me! It causes my heart to love Him more.

I got a call from my granddaughter who is almost 3. She is an amazing little princess and she wanted to tell her nana that she went tinkle on the big potty. I love being a nana! I remember when I made those phone calls to my mom with my daughter. Oh the excitement of potty-training! Then my little princess granddaughter and her mommy sang happy birthday to me. Quick....is there any way I can record this precious little song?!! That was another "kiss from heaven".

And more and more kisses - my other kids called me also to wish me a happy birthday. I am such a blessed mom and so very thankful that God's grace abounds in their lives.

Thus ends another day. I'm hungry for more of God. How about you? Blessings.


5 comments:

javamamma March 3, 2007 at 8:43 PM  

Happy Birthday to you! I love the words to the song you quoted. Beautiful. And, I love the coffee cup photo, by the way. :o)

kissesfromheaven March 3, 2007 at 8:48 PM  

Thank you for the birthday greetings! The coffee cup took some doing, but hey, I did it! I totally amaze myself! HA!

reneegrace March 6, 2007 at 12:15 PM  

Happy Birthday to you!!!

And your blog is cute and beautiful... so congrats on this!! (I am impressed you did that yourself! I cheated and gave a friend my passwords so she could do half of it for me!!)

Thanks for stopping by my place... I grew up in Papua New Guinea, but oddly enough have found it hard to know how to introduce it all and make it a part of our lives with the kids.

PRAYER! silly me!! There are so many resources. So we have belatedly begun... But thank you Lord for 7 yr old's tenderheart towards Him!!

kissesfromheaven March 6, 2007 at 12:24 PM  

Thanks to both Rachelle and Renee for the birthday wishes. I really enjoy both of your blogs. It's been fun to move around on these sites and find such wonderful sisters (and brothers too) that really love God. I'm so blessed.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP