Related Posts with Thumbnails

Dance the night away....

>> Monday, March 26, 2007




It's been many years that I have had a quiet desire to take dancing lessons with my darling hubby. It just seemed like a very romantic thing to do. We were on vacation one year and just happened to see a ballroom dance competition on TV. Oh... to sweep the floor in a beautiful gown that flowed with every move you made. Being led by the one you love so gracefully across the dance floor and having all eyes gaze upon you as your movements take their breath away. Aaaaahhhhh....I am a hopeless romantic! (as most women are)

A couple years ago, the Lord gave us a month of what we called "extreme honeymoon". The kids were on a mission trip, and we had the house to ourselves! Woowhoo! It's party time!

I must say, it was an amazing time of outdoing one another in love. I had secretly set up a time for the 2 of us to go to a wonderful hotel and meet with a pastor that my hubby admired and was always encouraged by this pastor's teachings. When I had all the arrangements made, I made this wonderful card that had our itinerary on it. It did bring tears to the eyes of my one true love. Oh yeah, I'm good! My hubby on the other hand had secretly set up a time for us to go to the mountains, spend time with friends, and snow ski. Which was a beautiful and breath-taking time of being in the mountains. I won't mention the colors of black and blue that ran up and down my legs! Aside from that, throughout our extreme honeymoon, we went to movies, dinner and coffee shops, etc. We really wanted to take up ballroom dancing, but we actually ran out of month!

Well, now that dream has become a reality. We are taking some dance lessons...not sure what we'll do with this new thing in our lives. But we are having a blast and laughing alot! On the way to our first lesson, we were commenting about dance competitions and being impressive. I said I don't want to compete, I just want to be impressive...at least in our own living room, as we dance the night away! Blessings.

8 comments:

Caleb March 27, 2007 at 10:48 AM  

I can only pray that my marriage is as blessed and holy and romantic as yours and dads. Thanks for being an inspiration to everyone. I love the way you to are in love.

kissesfromheaven March 27, 2007 at 10:53 AM  

God will give that to you, buddy, cause that's your heart's desire and our prayer for you and the rest of your siblings. I love you so much. You are such an encouragement to me.

javamamma March 27, 2007 at 4:12 PM  

Sheesh, your family is soooo in 'the zone'. Are you guys perfect or something? :o) Just kidding. Though your family IS an awesome testimony of God's work - and I want to follow those who 'through faith and patience inherit the promises'.
Anyways, I think it's incredibly cool that you guys are taking dance lessons. So cool, in fact, that we're signing up for some next month! Actually I thought it quite odd that I got the paper on it the day I read your blog AND they start the day after my birthday! Look out dance floors!
Oh, one more thing (sorry) our old church did a ballroom dancing small group. How fun is that? My sister and her hubby participated and had an awesome time. The church then hosted a 'ball' so they could all try out their new moves. Talk about a church that enjoys life - I love it!

kissesfromheaven March 27, 2007 at 4:28 PM  

Thanks for the encouragement girlie. Uh..perfection? Well, if we were operating in that realm, I guess we wouldn't have to take dance lessons. That is too too funny that you are too! It's a sign for sure. :) Ya know, we could start the "first church of ballroom dancing". Think it'll go over? Where does that fit in our theology? Can you imagine the "mission statement"? HA...

Rachelle March 27, 2007 at 4:34 PM  

How fun!!!!! This is so funny, because we signed Emily up for the spring session of ballet lessons and got the info on the ballroom classes two days ago. We've been talking about it off and on for about a year now, and decided ti check it out while we were at the studio. Something's in the air. :-)

kissesfromheaven March 27, 2007 at 4:45 PM  

That is hilarious! Must be a new move of God! :) I'm glad you're going to check it out. We know another couple who has been taking private lessons for over a year and they go dancing every Sat. night. They are falling in love all over again. Very sweet.

Christy March 31, 2007 at 12:51 AM  

How fun and romantic! My husband and I took a dancing class when we were in college and just dating. Now that we have small children we miss it. We used to go out swing dancing :) We look forward to taking it up again some day!

And what a blessing your son's comment must be!

kissesfromheaven March 31, 2007 at 7:11 AM  

We are having a ball! It's a wonderful time for just the 2 of us. I would say to you...get a sitter and go dancing. :)
Our son's comment was a huge blessing. Tears were rollin' on the cheeks. :) It's amazing to watch God move in our kids' lives. He is so very faithful. And it's the fruit of many years of praying for them.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP